Assalamualikum and Hi to all my blog readers.
FINALLY, we come to the end of 14-week course for Choosing and Using Resources for Primary ESL Classroom. Lots of new knowledge [which I might not know previously] I have learned for this course, which I find it interesting at most of the points and not-so interesting at certain points.
BUT, overall, I would say that this course brings me to ICT world which if I put it on scale, it would be on 5 [or perhaps 4] out of 10. Yet still, I need to learn more to be at scale number 9 later.
Thus, Puan Foziah has prepared 11 questions which I will answer it 1 by 1, from my own point of view [POV], and those questions and answers are as follow:
1. What do you like about blogging?
· I would say it’s a kind of my daily journal that can be shared with other [who did read my blog] as I can express and share my feelings with others, be it HAPPY, not-so happy, SAD, ANGRY and many more, and all these feelings were blend together for this 14-week course.
· Apart from that, I can also use colours to express my feelings. For example, I use RED for ANGRY, YELLOW for HAPPY and many more. As I love colours very much, Blog gives me the opportunity to share my feelings in colours. Interesting right?
2. What you do not like about blogging?
· Hmm... certain part only. And let me give you the real example of what had happen to me in this course. To cut the story short, 1 day, while I am writing a blog post in the computer lab, out of sudden there was a problem [and I don’t what and why] that makes the whole computers in the computer lab lost their internet connection. And guess what, I lost my post [which I wrote that time] and made me mad for a while because I almost finish writing it. Only to put few last words on it. Huh ...[sigh]
· As for that, I learned something, which is to write my blog post in the MSword first, and later to upload it n the blog. This can help to minimize the time and to avoid such problem that might happen anytime especially during your working time, where I am sure that it will make you mad.
3. What have you gained from blogging eg. Language skills, improved fluency, critical thinking, improved thought processes, technology skills etc.
· I learned a lot. For example: it improves my language skills on how to organize words nice and use proper English [which I am not using it for my other blog that i have previously] and it makes me to think wisely before writing about certain issues or discussion which might hurt someone or perhaps groups of people. This will bring impact to me later.
· For example, before I write anything in my blog, I need to think on how to organize the story nicely so that it can attract the readers’ attention plus I need to make sure that my words will not make anyone feel annoyed or make them feel mad at me. Thus, it makes me to think critically before writing my blog.
5. What do you like about this course?
· THE CHALLANGE. That is what I like about this course. It makes me happy yet tired at the same time. For example, I am so happy to get a task that my partner and I need to complete a video on any theme as long as the video has message/messages in it. It makes me so excited to find the resources, ask help here and there, discussion with my partner, Illi, and many more.
6. What you do not like about this course?
· WHEN THE TASK LOOKS LIKE THE REAL ASSINGMENT. Sometime I feel like I am doing the major assignments even though I only completing a task. That’s all. Even though I keep complaining about the tasks, but i manage to complete it successfully which I understand, all these tasks/assignments are for my own good.
7. What have you learnt from this course?
· I learnt to be punctual [because Pn Foziah doesn’t like when students come late to class].
· I learnt to accept and respect others point of view especially when doing group discussion or assignment.
· I learnt so many internet skills which I might not know previously. To be frank, I don’t even know how to do ‘print-screen’, as I only know it after attended the first class which Pn Foziah told all of us to do it while searching for Michael Jackson song.
8. What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?
· I learnt to downloading, uploading and many sort of things that I do not know previously. Even though lots of work to be done, like print-screen, copy, past etc but it makes me learnt to be patient.
· + It helps me to reflect how much [or perhaps how ‘little’ I know about those ICT skills].
· And 1 more thing, it makes me realize that it’s easy to comments on others work
[especially the video] which later I realize that it’s even harder to produce a short video clip about 3 to 5 minutes. I learnt to appreciate people’s work [those who produce great quality of music videos] and I am admiring them now.
9. What have u expected but do not learn from this course?
· To be frank, I have zero knowledge in this course. I do not even expect anything as I go with the flow, do the entire task given and come to class.
10. If you can change anything about this course, state what is and elaborate?
· TO REDUCE SOME WORKS [because it lost of things need to be done]. For example, even for a simple tasks [even though it is not so simple] but still all the tutorials on how to complete the tasks need to be done. That’s all I guess.
11. On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate your computing and technological skills for both before and after undergoing the course.
· After this 14-week course, now I can rate my computing and technologies skills as 8/10 compared before I attend to this class which was 4 or 5/10.
Thank you so much Pn Foziah,
i have learned so many things in this course,
my beloved Cohort 4, all the best and thank for your help.
lots of LOVE,
NAEmnzr 'life under the sun+moon @ UM'.